I've been tagged! Thanks, Mac and Cheese! This is all very exciting, not least because I hadn't thought up an idea for today's post. Here are the rules:
1. Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 random and or weird things about yourself.
3. Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
4. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
OK, so here are my seven random things:
1. I am 5'11" and have been since I was, like, twelve. I got talked into playing basketball because of my height and I hated it. Hated it, being singled out because of my appearance and then not living up to expectations that I was some great athlete when I was not. It took from then until maybe two years ago to learn to like my height.
2. I work in public health and cancer prevention and I know that tobacco is bad, bad, bad. But the first guy I kissed was a smoker, and he was a bad boy, and he was hot. Ever since, secretly I think the smell of cigarette smoke is sexy.
3. An embarrassing number of random things that are popping into my head involve my shady past with weird ex-boyfriends. I guess random times of life make random memories.
4. I pass out easily. During a pap smear, on a hot day, at the thought of a needle, at menstrual cramps, during a tough workout. Just randomly. It's a little better with age, but not much. I spent part of each of our birth classes in the hallway so I wouldn't keel over from all the talk about pain and needles and "here let me pass around the thing they use to break the bag of waters so you know what to expect" and such.
5. My husband snores sometimes, and I'm really sensitive to noise so I can't stand it. He's a deep sleeper, so sometimes I push him, hold his nose shut, pinch him, anything to make him change positions and give me some peace and quiet. He's caught me a few times, but I think mostly he doesn't know what I do to him.
6. I'm scared of swimming in the ocean. When we were kids and on vacation in North Carolina my brothers talked me into going swimming during a tropical storm. I got all flipped around and lost my footing and really thought I was getting swept away. Ever since I am happy to look at the ocean instead.
7. I am a closet patriot. I think the US is great, and that our constitution is one of the most beautiful documents ever written. Every July4th I get all choked up at the fireworks and national anthem.
OK, since I just tagged some folks a few days ago, tags to truly random people who I don't know from the "30 days of thanks" group:
The Lisa Show