Sunday, January 13, 2008

It's green to have crafty friends

I am not crafty. Or maybe I should say, ever hopeful, I'm in an un-crafty "phase" that has lasted 34 years. Lucky for me, my friend Anne-Marie is of the fiber-arts persuasion. She is also one of my favorite people ever, and more importantly, one of bubba's. And she is doing her part to save the planet for bubba. She crocheted me this:


The guilty and oh-so-wasteful double cup? No more!


Behold! I just cut my coffee cup consumption in half. Can't you feel it? The world just got a little cooler.


You can see her most impressive handiwork on her blog, Bouclee. She also made bubba's most favorite baby blanket, a lovely hat, and a thingy to tie his mittens together through his coat. Aren't I lucky?

I may tackle her next year for one of those Christmas stockings. Not that I'm greedy or anything.

4 comments:

Vanessa said...

how she ever thought to make something like that! Its something I would use, but never think of to make myself. I've just been reusing the cardboard jacket. Keep one in my purse! Yes, I really am that dorky!

She She said...

That's so cool! One of my New Year's resolutions is to be greener. What a great way to start.

Melanie said...

Clever! I love it.

Bea said...

So cozy!