Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Nora's first 5 things

While perusing the lovely ramblings of the folks over at 10things (it really is lovely), I am inspired by their commitment to being grateful. Here is my attempt at sharing the love, starting with five things. It's not that poetic, dude nice ten things, here's five. But it's a start. And I'm grateful!

1. My bubba, of course. Holy crap, where did all this LOVE come from? That thing, about having a child is having your heart walk around outside your body? Yeah, that. And sometimes I'm all, is it love, really? Really? It's like, do I love my arm? Well...hmm...but would I kill to protect it? Yer darn tootin. Roar.



2. The shower. I fully exhale every morning in the shower, quite possibly the only time all day. Sometimes I take long showers in the middle of the night.



3. Rain. Can you sense a whole water thing going here? But really, it's perfect. Except when there are floods and tsunamis and such, too much of a good thing etc etc. But in my little sheltered life? The greatest thing ever. The smell. The bundling up. The accompanying cup of tea. The happy sighs (you know they are real) of the happy plants with full bellies. Just a big yum.



4. My sister, who constantly challenges me to be a better person through her example. This is the quote she signs her emails with:

"If her past were your past, her pain your pain, her level of consciousness your level of consciousness... you would think and act exactly as she does. With this realization comes forgiveness, compassion, peace." ~Eckhart Tolle

So yup, I do that, sort of, after I b*tch about my in-laws for awhile. That counts, right?

5. My Tweezerman tweezers. Because, and you may know what I mean, but really the world would be a very, very different place without hair removal products. I think that's all I have to say about that.


Five more coming soon, promise. And one will be "when I figured out how to post portrait images on Blogger and not just *^%$ landscape ones." Help!

No comments: