Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Our Kauai trip by number

Days of travel-free vacation: 13
Days it rained: 13
Days there were rainbows: 13
Days we went to the beach: 13


Naps I wanted: 13
Naps I had: 2
Naps bubba had: 26
Pretty drinks I wanted: 13
Pretty drinks I had: 10
Evenings with my man: 13
Number of banana trees outside our cottage knocked down in storm: 1


Days we had fresh island-grown fruit: 13


Coffee plantations visited: 1


Days we drank locally grown coffee: 13

Houses on our road falling into the ocean from beach erosion: 2


Stretches of our road falling into the ocean from beach erosion: 1


Days I fretted about global warming: 13

Days bubba got to be naked in the sun like the tanned Italian baby down the beach: 0


Looks from hot Italian mother of tanned Italian baby that said in international mother-mother language "you are a lame-#ss": like 4, maybe 5
Days bubba got to be naked in the shade because I am so not a lame-#ss: 13


Sets of matching daddy-bubba aloha shirts purchased: 1


Green vegetables consumed besides avocados: 0
Days totally amazing and sublime perfect Hawaiian salty sweet Asian rice snacks, snacks involving macadamia nuts, or Maui onion flavored potato chips purchased and consumed to "support the local economy": 13
Days chocolate ice cream consumed, again to support the local economy: 5


Trips to local urgent care clinic to get bubba's ear infection treated: 1

Trips up the mountain to perilous 3600 feet deep canyon that I was terrified to stand near because clearly I would fall in isn't it obvious but stood for "scale" for Jeff's pictures because I'm nice like that: 1


Minutes I spent after 30 minute drive up to canyon looking in canyon: 1

Hours they delayed our flight home before cancelling it all together: 7
Number of times we boarded the plane and "prepared for takeoff" before they cancelled it all together because of a "funny noise" in the brakes: 3
Number of hours it said on our itinerary it would take to get home: 10
Number of hours it took us to get home: 27

Total days I spent with my husband and son with no work or computers or phone calls: 15
Days I thought, this is awesome: 15

9 comments:

Mrs. G. said...

Number of times I said awwww: 22. I'm glad you had fun. And Bubba is still cute.

Melissa said...

OMG... your pictures are SO GORGEOUS! All of them!

Number of times I have been blown away by beauty today: 1
Number of times I have been totally speechless today: 1

-So far :)

When are you going back? ;)

Suzanne said...

What terrific photos! I remember that canyon -- on the drive up to it, my husband pulled over to the side of the road to take pictures. I wouldn't even get out of the car...

She She said...

Oh, we have a footprints in the sand photo from when our son was little (he's almost 7). So hard to believe his feet were so small. It sounds like a wonderful trip.

ellen said...

I'm glad you had such a wonderful trip. I grew up on Oahu, but spent many, many happy hours up by that canyon in Kokee, close to the beautiful Kalalau Valley.
Wishing you a wonderful Christmas!

Alex Elliot said...

Those are great pictures! Other than the trip to the ER, worries about global warming and the flight delay, it sounds like it was a wonderful trip.

Tania said...

Drooooool. What a fantastic trip!

Jenny, the Bloggess said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous.

Lindy said...

Beautiful photos! I'm just in love with the photo of Bubba with ice cream all over his face and the one with the itty bitty footsteps in the sand : )