Sunday, November 1, 2009

To blo or not to blo?

So I'm sitting here thinking, well I can't do NaBloPoMo this year, because it's TEN O'CLOCK AT NIGHT on November 1 and I have to go to bed. There, it's a Sign. But then I look at, oh, every other clock and realize it's only NINE, that I forgot to change that one silly clock what with the daylight savings thing and all.

So maybe it's actually a sign that I AM supposed to do the blo after all. I don't know. I put on Facebook that I'm wondering if I should do it or not, and several folks weighed in.

Pat, a friend from high school, who I dare say I had a little CRUSH on there for a bit (so tall! so funny!), simply said, Do you have that much to say? Wise man, that Pat. I'm still thinking on that one, and the answer is, likely, no.

And Heidi, the best ever, said, Do you need an Idea? I think you should write about those silly work bathroom stall pointers like "If you dribble, wipe it up!" or "paper goes in the toilet not around or on!" Really?? What am I, 3?

Now this is an interesting one. Because, Heidi? I've never seen a sign like this in my life. WHAT OFFICE DO YOU WORK IN? Are there seriously signs about dribbling??? I think I need to fly to your office forthwith with my camera and take a photo. I've led a sheltered life, seriously.

Not that I am a stranger to dribbling itself. What patron of a public restroom is? In fact, the only dribbling story I have doesn't actually even belong to me. Back when I had like a real job, we worked with a PR firm who did stuff for us and every so often there were drunken nights out and such, you know, for business, and the topic of sitting versus squatting came up. One PR woman, she was gifted at her job, she told us about her idea for an anti-dribbling campaign called SIT GIRL! The idea was that if everyone sat, no one would need to squat, and there would be no dribbles and everyone is safer and happier.

She had it all planned out. Posters in the stalls with catchy signs saying, SIT, GIRL! Stickers! Postcards! Education! I adored it. And I don't even remember her name anymore but so help me every time I am in a public restroom I think of that woman and her SIT, GIRL! genius.


8 comments:

Tania said...

Awww, c'mon! You can still blo! You may no longer be eligible to win a sock puppet, but late blo-ers are welcome! Incidentally, dont think that I or anyone has that much to say, yet we continue to blo.

Stacy (Mama-Om) said...

All I can say, that as the mother of two young boys, I now know where all that mysterious pee on the toilet seats comes from.

Because, I mean, really, how could some of that be from a grown woman squatting? It's all over the seat! Was she squatting and wiggling?

Nope, just a little boy whose Mama didn't wipe the seat after him... and I do wipe up after mine, I promise!

Oh, wait, was this post about pee or blo?

The Ubran Poetess said...

If you sprinkle when you tinkle, please be neat and wipe the seat.

Heidi said...

Yah! This totally made my day! My 15 min. Actually this happened twice. Once at my old work during the drought when there was a movement for "if it's brown flush it down, if it's yellow let it mellow." But just this last week I was in NYC at a prominent UN agency that shall other wise remain nameless and there were 2 such signs!

Oh. Please blo! You rock

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

I so would not want to work there.

apathy lounge said...

Never have and...never will. I'm doing well to blog on a semi-weekly basis.

JCK said...

I did not do the Blo this year.

But, you have a plethora of ideas right here in this post. :)

discount wedding dresses said...

From all the styles we’ve seen so far in another designer’s collections halter wedding dresses these ones here are absolutely divine and special. We would recommend these lovely gowns not only for wedding dresses brides who are planning a wedding during the spring season but also to those of you who are wedding dresses going for a hot summer wedding.where the sophistication and the volume of wedding dresses the skirts and details are all diaphanous and light lace wedding dresses